Fees depend on which sleeping arrangements participants wish to choose. There are three options.
For more info on accommodation, please click here.
- a bed in the all female dorm room: £825 for the total package of classes, transport, daytrips and accommodation
- a bed in one of the twin rooms: £950 for the total package of classes, transport, daytrips and accommodation
- a private double room: £1180 for the total package of classes, transport, daytrips and accommodation
Breakfast is included for all 3 options.
Please note that all fees are intended per person. If you wish to bring a partner who wishes to participate in all activities except for the dance classes, this is possible. Please note that those who wish to do this and have booked for a private room will not need to pay an additional fee for accommodation, except a small fee towards breakfast. If you are living in Kigali and want to participate in the dance classes, this could potentially be possible also (subject to availability). Either way, get in touch with Hilde to find out what the fee would be for people with these sorts of circumstances.
Included in this fee:
- daily fusion belly dance lessons taught by Hilde Cannoodt
- daily morning yoga taught by Hilde Cannoodt and local guest teachers
- daily traditional Rwandan dance lessons with live drumming taught by director of Intayoberana Aline Sangwa
- a daytrip to Akagera Safari Park
- experience an evening of authentic traditional Kinyarwandan dance at Intayoberana's rehearsals
- experience an afternoon bellydance class with the children at Root Foundations
- be part of the Root Foundations Talent Show (performance option is optional, either group performances or solo performances)
- a visit to the Genocide Memorial Center in Gisozi
- a Sunday brunch and swim at Hotel Des Milles Collines
- transport to and from the airport, transport to all of the above mentioned activities
- accommodation and breakfast at the Sunrise B&B
Not included in this fee:
- flight to and from Kigali
- food (apart from breakfast at Sunrise B&B and brunch at Hotel Des Mille Collines)
- travel insurance
- visa costs ($30 to be paid upon entry - this fee is not for everyone, please check here if you need to pay this fee or not)
- costs of any vaccinations such as yellow fever, malaria pills,...
- any of the optional activities mentioned on the timetable such as evening dinners and drinks
How to book
If you would like to book, please fill in the booking form by clicking on the button above. After submitting you will be receiving a confirmation email within 24hrs with information on how to make payment. A deposit of £150 will be required to secure your place within 7 days of receiving this confirmation email. Details for payment will be sent to you via email. You'll also be given a payment plan as payments can be made gradually over a 6 month period. (this duration will decrease if bookings are made less than 6 months before the start of the retreat) all payments need to be received by 1st December 2018